Project and Partnerships Assistant (Timorese National)
Reports to Research and Partnerships Manager.
Successful applicant must be fluent in Tetun and have a working level of English.
The position is flexible: either a 3 to 5 day a week position; 12-month fixed term with possibility to extend.
Start: June 2022
Base salary: $950 less tax ($1000 incl. tax) USD per month, plus benefits.
Successful applicant must be based in Dili, Timor-Leste.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Timorese National who will be supporting the EQI as a contractor on a variety of projects in Timor-Leste focussed on promoting gender equality and preventing violence against women and children. The Project and Partnerships Assistant will work closely with the EQI’s Dili-based Research and Partnerships Manager in both project and administrative tasks.
Tasks could include supporting the strengthening of organisational gender transformation with local and international NGOs; upholding, creating, and maintaining safe and nourishing spaces for Timorese feminist activists; collecting data relating to violence against women and children in Timor-Leste; and providing Timor-Leste contextual input into The Equality Institute communications materials, including reports, videos, and social media content.
This position opportunity has a training and mentorship focus. Aligning with EQIs value of supporting emerging feminist researchers from various backgrounds, through this role EQI aims to support the development of an emerging Timorese researcher as part of a two-way exchange. Moreover, to build on EQI’s commitment to decolonise our own work, this position will be integral in building and maintaining relationships with our partners and developing research which is of benefit to and supports the self-determination of communities in the so-called Global South.
Do you have:
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Alignment to the core intersectional feminist values of the Equality Institute (please see our ‘how we work’ section on our website for further information).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software from Microsoft office suite
- Fluency in Tetun and working level of English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Strong written communication skills in a variety of formats and for diverse audiences
- Openness to learning and trying new approaches
How to apply:
Please submit your application via the online form on our website by following the link: Apply Now
Please include an English version of your resume. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this role will close Thursday the 26 May 2022, 5pm Dili time.